Tuesday, December 9, 2008

She is on the road to recovery......

On Sunday Mya started throwing up while at the Temple City park. We called the doctor Sunday night. She said no more formula only Pedialyte, 1 teaspoon every 5-10 minutes. Then Monday she would not take anymore Pedialyte. So we called the doctor we saw her at 11:50. Nana came down to help (she was such a big help). The doctor said just get what we can down her. She did not want it. So then last night about 8:00 she started running a slight fever, she did not seem to have much saliva and stopped producing tears when she cried. We gave her Tylenol and she threw it up. We called the doctor again they said take her to emergency for dehydration. So we did. Eddie has not been feeling well either. So he went home. Mya was such a trooper. Since she was dehydrated it was very hard for them to get blood. It took 5 times for them to get something finally they did. They gave her a shot to stop the throwing up. That seemed to help. We got a 2 oz bottle of Pedialyte down her. Then at 2:30am we decided to start an IV. That took two more times to get that in. They finally got it in her left foot. After an hour of IV, 100ml we got 6 oz of Pedialyte down her and finished the IV. Finally at 3:45 she peed. So they took that to the lab for analysis and at 5:45 we got 2 more ounces for Pedialyte in her and we were discharged .As of her doctor's appointment on Monday she weighed 17 lbs 7 oz. Then this afternoon at 2:00 Eddie and I took Mya back to see the doctor. She was happy with her progress. She weighed 17 lbs 2 oz at her appointment today. They told us last night that sometimes it just takes an IV to get the ball rolling. That is what seemed to be the case. At 7:25 tonight we gave her 1 oz of formula, so far she has kept it down. She is sleeping on Eddie in the rocker at the moment. We are going to try and give her one more ounce tonight and hope for the best. Grandma is going to watch her tomorrow and Nana is going to watch her on Thursday so that way she can rest at home. The doctor said this is either Rotavirus or the stomach flu that has been going around. She is leaning toward Rotavirus as it has been over 24 hours and she is still not keeping things down. So that has been our last 48 hours. Very little sleep for Mommy and Mya.

No comments: