Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Family Day

As a family we spent our afternoon at Redondo Beach Pier. Mommy had planned to release balloons in Sophia's memory but instead we came across something that was so perfect to celebrate Sophia.



This was the second time I had been to Redondo Beach. The first time was when I was 8 days old. It was my first outing as a family that did not include the doctors office, hospital or shopping.

Redondo Beach was having the Kite Festival. I got to participate in a drum circle, walk on the beach and see all the pretty kites. Mommy said they symbolized Sophia with all of her friends.


As soon as I saw the water I told Mommy I wanted to take off my clothes and run around in my "Kini" but Mommy said it was too cold. I also told Daddy I needed to go home and get a surf board. Mommy said Papa would be proud.


We had a nice time just walking around and enjoying the kites. Of course my favorite kite was the panda bear kite. I can't wait to go back to the beach again sometime.

No comments: